PhD Student Language & Fieldwork Support
- Elizabeth Banks (New York University)
- “The African Soviet Modern“. Comparative Studies of South Asia, Africa, and the Middle East (special edition). May 2021 41(1). https://read.dukeupress.edu/cssaame/issue/41/1
- Marek Eby (New York University)
- Kathryn David (New York University)
- Roni Masel (New York University)
- Sergey Sanovich (New York University)
- Denis Stukal, Sergey Sanovich, Richard Bonneau, and Tucker A. Joshua. “Detecting Bots on Russian Political Twitter”. Big Data. December 2017, 5(4): 310-324. https://doi.org/10.1089/big.2017.0038
- Sergey Sanovich. “Computational Propaganda in Russia: The Origins of Digital Disinformation”. Report for the Project on Computational Propaganda, Oxford Internet Institute, 2017. http://comprop.oii.ox.ac.uk/research/working-papers/computational-propaganda-in-russia-the-origins-of-digital-misinformation/
- Denis Stukal (New York University)
Stukal, Denis, Sergey Sanovich, Richard Bonneau, and Joshua A. Tucker. (2017). “Detecting Political Bots on Russian Twitter.” Big Data Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 310 – 324 (http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/pdfplus/10.1089/big.2017.0038)
Rozenas, Arturas, and Denis Stukal. (2018). “How Autocrats Manipulate Economic News: Evidence from Russia’s State-Controlled Television.” Under review. URL: http://ssrn.com/abstract=3023254
Stukal, Denis, Sergey Sanovich, Richard Bonneau, and Joshua A. Tucker. (2017). “For Whom the Bot Tolls: A Neural Networks Approach to Measuring Political Orientation of Twitter Bots in Russia.” Manuscript
PhD Student Research Support
- Ivan Kostin (New York University)
- Tatiana Artemyeva (Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia)
- Edward Cohn (Grinnell College)
- Evgeny Dobrenko (The University of Sheffield)
- Evgeny Finkel (Johns Hopkins SAIS)
- Raquel Greene (Grinnell College)
- Mark Konecny (Institute of Modern Russian Culture)
- Oksana Mykhed (Harvard University)
- Sergey Sokolov (Ural Federal University)
- Maxim Suchkov (Al-Monitor)
- Samuel Casper (University of Pennsylvania) (2015-2017)
- Thomas Fleischman (University of Rochester)
- Oksana Mykhed (Harvard University)
- Susan Smith-Peter (CUNY Staten Island)
- Imagining Russian Regions: Civil Society and Subnational Identity in Nineteenth-Century Russia. Leiden: Brill, 2018.
- The Siberian Letters of George Kennan the Elder, 1866-1867. Kennan Institute Occasional Papers, no. 310. Washington, DC: The Kennan Institute, 2016. 21 pp.
- Translated into Russian as: “”Sibirskie pis’ma Dzhordzha Kennan-starshego, 1866-1867 gg.,” Sibirskie istoricheskie issledovaniia [Siberian Historical Research] 2016, no. 3: 28-42.
- Co-authored with Vyacheslav Shevtsov. “Russian Society at a Provincial Scale: Ideas of Society in Provincial Newspapers,” Canadian-American Slavic Studies 50 (2016): 439-464.
- “Sweet Development: The Sugar Beet Industry, Agricultural Societies and Agrarian Transformations in the Russian Empire, 1818-1913.” Cahiers du Monde Russe 57, vol. 1 (January-March 2016): 101-123.
- “How to Found a Colony without Colonization: Conflicts between Social Control and Colonial Expansion in the Russian Empire in the early Nineteenth Century,” in Arktika: Istoriia i sovremennost’ [The Arctic in History and in the Present Day]. Moscow: Nauka, 2016, 251-256.
- “The Russian Federalist Papers: Aleksei Evstaf’ev, the War of 1812, and Russian-American Relations.” In William Benton Whisenhunt and Norman Saul, eds. New Perspectives on Russian-American Relations. New York: Routledge, 2016, 20-35.
- “The Good Capitalist: Conflicting Visions of Russia’s Industrial Future in the Pre-Reform Period,” Znanie. Ponimanie. Umenie. 2016, no. 3: 164-192.
- “Before Race: The Russian Empire and Creoles in Russian American in the Early Nineteenth Century,” Istoriia: Elektronnyi nauchno-obrazovatel’nyi zhurnal. 2016, no. 4 (48): 76-94.
- “Enlightenment from the East: Early Nineteenth Century Russian Views of the East from Kazan University.” Znanie. Ponimanie. Umenie. 2016, no. 1: 318-338.
- Susanna Weygandt (Princeton University)
- Katharina Wiedlack (University of Vienna)