Purpose: The Jordan Center Fellowship in Advanced Research supports outstanding NYU doctoral students who seek to carry out dissertation fieldwork in Russian Studies during the 4th and 5th years of the doctoral program. The fellowship is designed to partially fund the cost of archival research and fieldwork conducted during the academic year, with priority given to work pursued in the Russian Federation and former Soviet Union.
Deadline: May 1, 2017
Award: variable up to $10,000.00
Eligibility: Priority will be given to applicants enrolled as 3rd or 4th year doctoral students at NYU. Students graduating at the end of the current academic year may not apply. Applicants must provide evidence of their applications for other sources for funding the same research project or of their ineligibility for other sources of funding.
- a two- to three-paragraph research statement (this statement should be based on project proposals submitted to other funding institutions)
- a current curriculum vitae or résumé
- a copy of applications, including the proposal, for support of research from other institutions (IREX, ACTR, Fulbright, Fulbright-Hayes, SSHRC, etc.)
- a copy of evidence of failure to secure funds from other institutions or a statement of ineligibility for such funds
- A detailed budget explaining intended use of requested funds
The Jordan Center Fellowship Committee will review complete applications and decisions will be announced in writing within four weeks of the submission deadline. Application materials will not be returned.
Please Note the Following Terms and Conditions: The Jordan Center Fellowship in Advanced Research is intended to partially cover the cost of research or dissertation fieldwork. Therefore recipients are free to seek additional or matching funds from their academic departments or other funding sources. Recipients must return all funds if they cancel participation in their scheduled plan of study or research.
For more information please contact email@example.com