Purpose: The Jordan Center Fellowship in Advanced Research supports outstanding NYU doctoral students who seek to carry out dissertation fieldwork in Russian Studies.
Deadline: May 1, 2019
Award: variable up to $10,000.00
Eligibility: Applicants must be enrolled in a doctoral program at NYU, and priority will be given to applicants currently enrolled as 3rd or 4th year doctoral students. All dissertation research related to Russian Studies will be considered but priority will be given to applicants who intend to use the funds for conducting their fieldwork in the Russian Federation and former Soviet Union. Applications are especially encouraged from those whose external applications have been unsuccessful and whose dissertation projects depend on funding of this kind. In such cases, applicants must provide evidence of their applications for other sources for funding the same research project or of their ineligibility for other sources of funding. Priority will also be given to students who have not previously received funding through this program over those who have. Applicants in their final year of the doctoral program are not eligible to apply.
- a two- to three-paragraph research statement
- a current curriculum vitae
- a detailed budget explaining intended use of requested funds
- where applicable, a copy of applications, including the proposal, for support of research from other institutions (IREX, ACTR, Fulbright, Fulbright-Hayes, SSHRC, etc.), alongside evidence of failure to secure those funds
- where applicable, a statement explaining why you are ineligible to apply to other funding sources
The Jordan Center Fellowship Committee will review complete applications and decisions will be announced in writing within four weeks of the submission deadline. Application materials will not be returned.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org